1. Abdel-Salam DM, et al. Epidemiological aspects of dysmenorrhea among female students at Jouf University, Saudi Arabia. Middle East Fertil Soc J. 2018;23:435-439.
2. Smith RP, Kaunitz AM. Patient education: Painful menstrual periods (dysmenorrhea) (Beyond the Basics). UpToDate.com, reviewed Apr 2019; updated 30 Mar 2018. Accessed online 07 May 2019.
3. Alsaleem MA. Dysmenorrhea, associated symptoms, and management among students at King Khalid University, Saudi Arabia: an exploratory study. J Family Med Prim Care 2018;7(4):769-774.
4. Kamel DM, et al. Experience of dysmenorrhea among a group of physical therapy students from Cairo University: an exploratory study. J Pain Res 2017;10:1079-1085.
5. Latthe P, et al. WHO systematic review of prevalence of chronic pelvic pain: A neglected reproductive health morbidity. BMC Public Health. 2006;6:177.
6. French L. Dysmenorrhea. American Family Physician. 2005;71(2):285-291.
7. Ju H, Jones M, Mishra G. The prevalence and risk factors of dysmenorrhea. Epidemiol Rev. 2014;36:104-13.
8. Grandi G et al. Prevalence of menstrual pain in young women: What is dysmenorrhea? Journal of Pain Research. 2012;5:167-74.
9. Al-Dabal BK, et al. Dysmenorrhea and associated risk factors among university students in eastern province of Saudi Arabia. MEJFM 2014;12(1): 25-35.
10. Armour M, Smith CA, Steel KA, Macmillan F. The effectiveness of self-care and lifestyle interventions in primary dysmenorrhea: A systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2019:19(22).
11. Chen CX, Draucker CB, Carpenter JS. What women say about their dysmenorrhea: A qualitative thematic analysis. BMC Women’s Health. 208;18:47.
12. Iacovides S, Avidon I, Baker FC. What we know about primary dysmenorrhea today: A critical review. Hum Reprod Update. 2015 Nov-Dec;21(6):762-78.
13. Pejcic A, Jankovic S. Risk factors for dysmenorrhea among young adult female university students. Ann Ist Super Sanita. 2016;52(1):98-103.
By clicking the link(s) above, you will be taken to an external website that is independently operated and not managed by GSK. GSK assumes no responsibility for the content on the website. If you do not wish to leave this website, do not click on the links above.