Muscle & Joint
Joint pain can affect just one joint or many, and can be caused by arthritis, injury, overuse, or bursitis (an inflammation or irritation of the bursa, a fluid-filled sac that acts like a grease to reduce friction), and many different illnesses and conditions. Most commonly, osteoarthritis affects the knees, hips, spine and hands.
Causes of neck pain
Most people will experience neck pain at some point in their life and whether it’s mild or severe, it can really stop you in your tracks. By better understanding the causes of neck pain, you can not only treat it but also prevent it from occurring in the first place.71
Some common causes of neck pain include:71-73
- overdoing it whilst exercising
- sitting at an awkward angle watching TV, reading a book and even talking on the phone
- sitting in front of a computer at work in an uncomfortable posture
- repeated use of a poorly positioned computer keyboard
- sleeping with a pillow that is too high or too flat or sleeping on your stomach
- the result of worry or stress.
In most cases, neck pain will often last less than a week. But if the problem persists for longer than a week, consult a healthcare professional for a thorough examination.73