Like many people, you may have been unlucky enough to experience a tension headache, from time to time. Luckily, relief for tension headaches is available.
Learn more about tension headache causes and symptoms, as well as some tips to help relieve headache pain, with our guide below.
Most people get tension headaches from time to time, so you're not alone. While uncomfortable and annoying, they are generally not severe enough to stop you carrying out everyday activities.
- stress and anxiety
- squinting or prolonged reading
- poor posture
- missing meals
- lack of physical activity
- bright lights or sunlight
- loud noise
- certain smells
- Dull, aching head pain, often starting at the temples or base of the head
- A feeling like a band stretched tightly across your head
- Equal pain on both sides of your head
- Stiffness or pain in the shoulders or neck muscles
Tension headache pain generally ranges from mild to moderate, and can last anywhere between half an hour and a number of head-pounding days.